Last updated August 25th, 2021
II. COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Platform includes:
A. Personal Data
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you register, use or access the Platform or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Platform, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Platform [and our mobile application].
B. Derivative Data
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Platform, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Platform. If you are using a mobile application, this information may also include your device name and type, your operating system, your phone number, your country, your likes and replies to a post, and other interactions with the application and other users via server log files, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
C. Financial Data
D. Facebook Permissions
The Platform may by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, checkins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
E. Data From Social Networks –
User information from social networking Platforms, such as Apple’s Game Center, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts may be obtained by us, if you connect your account to such social networks. If you are using a mobile application, this information may also include the contact information of anyone you invite to use and/or join our mobile application.
F. Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Platform from a mobile device.
G. Third-Party Data
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Platform permission to access this information.
H. Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
III. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Platform [or our mobile application] to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your usage and/or account of the Platform.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Platform and our mobile application to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Platform and our mobile application.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Platform and our mobile application more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Platform and our mobile application.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Platform and our mobile application.
- Notify you of updates to the Platform and our mobile applications.
- Offer new products, services, mobile applications, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Platform and our mobile application .
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Platform and our mobile application.
- To arrange the purchase and sale of the product(s) you may purchase from our Platform or mobile app with the person(s) and/or entity(ies) that manufacture, sell, resell, distribute and ship to you from those we procure such products from (collectively “Other Sources”). As a reseller of products, you understand and agree that we do not warehouse nor do we, in any other manner, become involved in the manufacture, repair, replacement or shipment of the product(s) you purchase from our Platform.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
A. By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
B. Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
C. Marketing Communications
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
D. Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Platform or our mobile application, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
E. Online Postings
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Platform or our mobile applications, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Platform and our mobile application in perpetuity.
F. Third-Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Platform or our mobile application. These companies may use information about your visits to the Platform and our mobile application and other platforms that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
H. Business Partners
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions, including but not limited to Other Sources.
I. Social Media Contacts
If you connect to the Platform or our mobile application through a social network, your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.]
J. Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
K. Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
V. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
1. Cookies and Web Beacons
2. Internet-Based Advertising
3. WebPlatform Analytics
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
VI. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
vii. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
viii. POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
X. OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
- Account Information
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions and/or comply with legal requirements.]
- Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Platform or our mobile application
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
XI. CONTACT US
Electric Boarding Company
27251 Wesley Chapel Blvd
Ste B14 #788
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
- California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, the information below also applies to you. Certain terms used in this section have the meanings given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Categories of Personal Information we have collected from or about users in the preceding 12 months-
- Identifiers (e.g. name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications)
- Commercial information (e.g. products or services purchased, purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g. browse or search history)
- Geolocation data (e.g. latitude or longitude)
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (e.g. recording of guest service calls)
- Inferences drawn from any of the above (e.g. preferences or characteristics)
Categories of Sources from which we have collected Personal Information about you is contained in the Collection of Your Information above.
We do not sell any customer info.
Categories of Personal Information we have sold about our users in the preceding 12 months – NONE .
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g. “cookies” or other tracking tags)
Categories of Personal Information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months: None.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercise your rights. For example, we will not deny you goods or services or charge you a different price or rate for goods or services if you make an access, deletion, or do not sell request.
You have the following rights under the CCPA
The right to make requests as follows:
Access Request (you can make a request no more than twice in a 12-month period) – Request that we disclose the following information
- Categories of personal information (“PI”) we collected about you during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of sources from which PI is collected
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling PI
- Specific pieces of PI we collected about you
- Categories of PI Target has sold about you
- Categories of third parties to whom the PI was sold
- Categories of PI disclosed about you for a business purpose
- Categories of third parties to whom PI was disclosed for a business purpose
Request we delete PI that we collected from you
Do Not Sell My Info
Request we opt you out of the sale of your PI
See our contact information above
See our contact information above.
See our contact information above
Do Not Sell My Info Requests
See our contact information above.
California Shine the Light
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request via the contact information set forth above. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please submit your request via the contact information set forth above.
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please contact us via the above contact information.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created an account, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us as set forth above with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us in the manner set forth above.
Other States and Federal Laws
Other states may have other laws protecting you and you should consult with an attorney regarding those laws. Nothing contained in this Policy is intended to violate any applicable state or federal laws.